The health and safety of our students and staff is very important to us. In order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
COVID-19 Symptoms and Prevention Procedures
The CDC has shared a useful document that gives guidance on preventing COVID-19 here. Our School Nurse, Trixi Johnson, has also shared information with parents for things families can do at home before sending their child to school along with information about how the school will handle prevention. These preventative measures include:
- Daily temperature checks at home to ensure temp is below 100
- Temperature checks upon arrival at school
- Maintain social distance (two arms lengths) between people.
- Wear face coverings.
- Wash hands often
Additionally, Nurse Johnson offers the Cincinnati Children’s Illness Assessment Protocol as a visual for how suspected illness/exposure will be handled.
Health Department Guidelines
SVA is following the guidelines set forth by the Montgomery County Health Department found here . These guidelines include:
- Social distancing
- Procedures for suspected COVID symptoms
- Procedures for contact tracing
- Procedures for returning to school after a positive test
Please take the time to read this Montgomery County Health Department document, as it contains valuable information on COVID symptoms in addition to the guidelines.
Administration has created a “day in the life” document to detail what a typical day for a student which will answer many of your questions.
- Masks or face coverings required for all grades.
- All adult staff members and teachers are required to wear masks or face shields while in the building.
- Lunch has been scheduled to allow for socially distanced seating; with accommodation for outside eating when weather allows.
- More detail on how PE, Art and Music classes will be held to uphold guidelines.
- The school building is sanitized each day using electrostatic sprayers on all high-touch surfaces.
- Dismissal procedures and staggered pick-up.
- After school procedures and after care policies.
Administration will email any changes in policy to parents.
Our music teachers have researched best practices for limiting risk from participating in choir and band. These include distancing between students, splitting practices into smaller groups to allow for distancing, and specialized masks. More detail on SVA’s plan can be found here.
While only the first quarter is currently planned for A/B, Administration has created a visual schedule to show what the semester will look like for the A/B schedule. Additionally, schedules for grades 7-12 that show how the 8 period day will go under this plan are here:
**Please note that the school day will end at 3:34 for grades 7-12 to accommodate this schedule. Refer to the “day in the life” document to see detail of the dismissal plan.
The PDF links at the bottom of the page contains the most up-to-date information on policies and procedures.
For additional questions, please contact:
- Darren Wilkins, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judy Cambigue, K-8 Vice Principal, email@example.com
- Ken Knudsen, 9-12 Vice Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information updated 8/12/2020 3:06 pm.