Spring Valley Academy accepts students of all nationalities and faiths. SVA is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. The benefits of Spring Valley Academy to international students include:
- Excellent core college prep curriculum and instruction.
- All core high school teachers have Masters degrees.
- The following duel college credit courses are offered
- College Writing
- College Algebra
- Civil War History
- Microsoft Applications
- Small school environment allows for individual teacher contact.
- Extra-Curricular Sports/Activities are available to foreign students.
- Foreign study tours and service trips.
While differing beliefs and customs are respected, the SVA program has, at its heart, a belief in Jesus and a commitment to follow his example in the way we live. Accordingly, all students are required to, take a Bible class each year and participate in weekly chapel worship services. Foreign student applicants must demonstrate strong academic performance, good citizenship, and English proficiency.
Additionally all foreign students must apply to Spring Valley Academy through a home stay program. While SVA will work with any reputable home stay program, our primary partner is A+ Global Education. Please click on the link below to access information about their home stay services. You may complete their universal application and choose Spring Valley Academy as your school. We can’t wait to welcome you to The Spring Valley Family.
Students living outside the United States who wish to attend Spring Valley Academy must provide:
- Completed application forms
- A copy of a birth certificate or current passport
- A copy of a recent physical examination report
- A copy of their immunization records
- All academic records
- Information for an I-20 form, if necessary. [Forms are available from Registrar Kathy Burns]
- Year-in-advance payment in United States currency
TOEFL iBT Test:
To help ensure a productive academic experience, all international students should be able to read and speak the English language.
The TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to use and understand English. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
TOEFL score required for admission to SVA:
- Grade 9: 40
- Grade 10: 50
- Grade 11: 60
- Grade 12: 70
Students interested in submitting an application, or for more information, please contact Mrs. Kathy Burns, SVA Registrar, at 937.433.0790.