Spring Valley Academy accepts students of all nationalities and faiths. SVA is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. The benefits of Spring Valley Academy to international students include:
- Excellent core college prep curriculum and instruction.
- All core high school teachers have Masters degrees.
- We offer several dual college credit courses.
- Small school environment allows for individual teacher contact.
- Extra-Curricular Sports/Activities are available to foreign students.
- Foreign study tours and service trips.
While differing beliefs and customs are respected, the SVA program has, at its heart, a belief in Jesus and a commitment to follow his example in the way we live. Accordingly, all students are required to take a Bible class each year and participate in weekly chapel worship services. Foreign student applicants must demonstrate strong academic performance, good citizenship, and English proficiency.
Additionally, all foreign students must work with a homestay program or live with a relative. SVA will work with any reputable homestay program.
Students living outside the United States who wish to attend Spring Valley Academy must provide:
- Completed application forms
- A copy of a birth certificate or current passport
- A copy of a recent physical examination report
- A copy of their immunization records
- All academic records
- Information for an I-20 form, if necessary. [Forms are available from Registrar Kathy Burns]
- Year-in-advance payment in United States currency
TOEFL iBT Test
To help ensure a productive academic experience, all international students should be able to read and speak the English language.
The TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to use and understand English. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
TOEFL score required for admission to SVA: 60
Students interested in submitting an application, or for more information, please contact Mrs. Kathy Burns, SVA Registrar, at 937.433.0790. We can’t wait to welcome you to the Spring Valley family!