Excellence in education is the ultimate goal of everyone at Spring Valley Academy, and our staff members work hard to deliver year after year. Great teachers, timely topics, and embracing technology in the classroom come together to create excellence for our students.
But we include another very important component to our educational curriculum: the teachings of Christ to influence a person’s character, kindness, and compassion. While our academics engage the mind, Christ’s teachings engage the soul. We feel this valuable combination of intelligence and integrity makes for a more well-rounded student.
- Excellent instruction and individual attention is provided by 28 qualified and committed faculty members. Fifty percent hold at least one master’s degree; one holds earned doctorate and one is in progress.
- Established in 1968, Spring Valley Academy is a private PreK-12 Seventh-day Adventist college preparatory school.
- Students enrolled at SVA must fulfill admission requirements that include academic and character recommendations, an entrance assessment (for those entering Grades K-8), and a personal entrance interview with administration.
- Chartered by the Ohio State Department of Education with college preparatory designation
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
- Accredited by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists
- Classes are taught from a Christian worldview with an emphasis on the integration of biblical truth throughout the curriculum.
ACT, ITBS & ITED Scores – In the 2017-18 school year, SVA students in Grades 3-8, five of the six grades scored at the 85th percentile or higher while one class made target at the 80% or higher and three classes scored higher than 90th percentile. All three high school grades that took the ITED scored above the 85th percentile ranking and had a composite score of 24.4 for the American College Test (ACT). National average score is 21.